PO Box 311
Folly Beach, SC 29439
Platforms and Frameworks: UNIX/Linux, Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS, Django, AngularJS.
Other Technologies: HTML5, CSS, SQL.
Social network incentive
- Worked with multiple online merchants to allow them to incentivize and track sharing of purchases and links on social networks.
- Integrated with Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus.
- Set up a high-availability and scalable site using Amazon Web Services.
- Designed, developed, and maintained desktop software in C++ for the Windows platform, using COM and DirectX.
- Created a reliable SIP client supporting modern audio and video codecs, including VP8 and G.711 and H.264.
NIST / Usability Works
- Designed and developed desktop software in C# and .NET for A/B testing of prototypes.
- Provided for data collation and export to Excel.
Online multiplayer card
Play Scopa www.playscopa.com
- A real-time multiplayer card game with over 20,000 daily users.
- Integrated with Facebook for login functionality.
application for Windows
Guitarator Toolbox store.guitarator.com
- Developed C# and .NET.
- Allows looking up chord charts and scale charts for guitar or any stringed instrument, in any tuning, provides for “reverse” chord lookup.
- Available for purchase and download. I also developed the online eCommerce store using Python and Django with PayPal integration.
Guitar reference apps for
Chorderator and Reverse Chorderator for Android
- Android apps version of the Guitarator Toolbox.
- Developed in Java using the Android SDK.
- Allows looking up chord charts for guitar or any stringed instrument, in any tuning. Reverse Chorderator provides for “reverse” chord lookup.
Suite of web-apps for
The Chorderator – www.chorderator.com
- Web-based version of the Guitarator Toolbox.
Digital Cove Interactive
- Created a custom SMTP client and server to run in a high-load Linux environment, for a (legitimate) bulk email processing system.
- Implemented subscribe and unsubscribe functionality.
- Implemented DKIM authentication to verify the email sender is not a spammer.
Gemstar / TV Guide Onscreen
June 2004-September 2006
- Designed and wrote embedded real-time software in C for an electronic program guide (EPG) for televisions, DVD-recorders, DVRs, etc.
- Developed graphical debugging tools in C# .NET using advanced features such as remoting and multithreading.
- Worked directly with multinational customers to integrate the TV Guide Onscreen EPG into their products. As Lead Engineer for several integration projects, participated in on-site meetings and weekly international conference calls.
- Designed and developed an automated test suite in Python and C#.
Juniper Networks (formerly Unisphere)
September 2001-January 2004
- Designed and developed embedded software in C and C++, using the VxWorks RTOS.
- Worked on control processor software for the following network protocols: Sonet, Ds3, Ds1, HDLC, and Ethernet.
- Designed and implemented low-level device drivers, worked to bring up and debug new hardware, including PCI controllers, network interface controllers, and custom FPGAs and ASICs.
- Worked on system-level software for redundancy, hardware monitoring, CLI interaction, and software download.
January 2001-June 2001
- Developed software in C, C++, and Perl for a Linux platform as part of a startup company creating the next generation of high-speed mobile wireless infrastructure (3G wireless).
- Designed and implemented the system startup sequence and dynamic task creation sequence for a large-scale, carrier-class networking product.
- Designed and implemented a software simulation environment on the Linux operating system, to simulate the entire software system on a desktop PC.
Software Engineer Level
Arris Interactive (formerly part of Nortel Networks)
June 1999-December 2000
- Developed embedded software in C, C++, and assembly (MIPS and PowerPC) for DOCSIS 1.1 broadband cable devices (data and voice over cable television lines). Worked as part of a multi-site team developing large-scale carrier-grade equipment.
- Ported a large base of software from the Nucleus Plus embedded operating system to VxWorks 5.4.
- Designed and developed low-level device drivers for Broadcom and Texas Instruments controller chips.
- Developed a suite of automated test scripts written in Tcl on a Linux server, utilizing Netcom Smartbits network testing devices.
Harvard University Extension School
September 1998-February 1999
- Advanced-level C++ programming class.
- Taught 30 students for one hour per week, graded projects and tests, and held office hours to assist students with assignments.
MERL – A Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratory
June 1998-June 1999
- Research and development of electronic devices: Self-describing Building Blocks. Project was presented at Siggraph 2000.
- Created a graphical application in OpenGL and Visual C++. Developed embedded software in PIC Assembly Language.
- Named as co-inventor for two patents.
B.S. in Computer
Engineering, May 1999. Pertinent course work:
Communications Systems, Advanced Microprocessor
Architecture, Data Structures in C++, GUI design, CMOS VLSI
Design, Digital Logic Systems.
Overall GPA: 3.59 out of 4.0